The EuroBioForum Annual Conference 2013 is a forum to exchange views on the state of affairs in policy development and deployment, and on the challenges with respect to policies, implementation strategies and required investments.
A collaborative approach to Personalised Medicine
Personalised Medicine needs involvement of all stakeholders: how can we address the challenges to find solutions? The complexity of diseases and the biology of humans is calling for a different approach. But the question is whether the current focus of Personalised Medicine is the solution. What are current perspectives in policy making and funding of Personalised Medicine? How can the aforementioned issues be addressed? How to tackle the future challenges in Personalised Medicine?
- This year the Conference will explore the potential areas for transnational and transregional collaboration. Leading experts will offer insight into current developments in their countries and regions. We expect contributions from Germany, Canada, Norway, Switzerland, Belgium and various European regions in Spain, France, Sweden, Italy and Austria.
- Provide insight into current national and regional policies, funding instrumentation and strategic research & innovation agendas in Personalised Medicine.
- Facilitate participants to meet other ‘key players’ in the field of Personalised Medicine and to learn from each other’s experiences.
- Explore specific topics for possible coordination and cooperation.
Encourage joint public-public and/or public-private partnerships.
- Representatives of national governments, bioclusters, regional initiatives, funding organisations, national research councils, patient organisations, representatives of European Commission and industrial federations.
The 2nd Annual Conference is spread over two days: starting at 12:00 hrs on Monday, 27 May and ending
at 13:00 hrs on Tuesday, 28 May 2013 at the Hilton Munich City, Munich, Germany.
- The plenary presentations provide insights into country and regional visions, policies and programmes.
- The leading experts will address specific topics such as Education & Training. Plenty of time will be dedicated after each presentation to enhance discussions and topics for cooperation.
- The personal interaction between participants will be additionally stimulated during the refreshment breaks and will take place at the EuroBioForum Partnering Hub – the place to connect & to cooperate.
The Annual Conference facilitates the possibility to showcase your organisations with a tabletop presentation.
Dr Wouter Spek, Managing director of EuroBioForum, speaking about the 2nd Annual Conference.
Check our other videos on YouTube: www.youtube.com/eurobioforum
EuroBioForum 2nd Annual Conference: co-hosted by BioM
BioM is the central agency for management and developing biotechnology in Munich. The Munich Biotech Region is running a € 100M programme to implement the new strategy to the cluster: m4 – Personalised Medicine and Targeted therapies. The Munich Biotech Region prepares itself to become a “international excellence center” in Personalised Medicine with more than 40 R&D-cooperation projects from academia and industry and more than 100 partners within this national programme. www.bio-m.org
Past edition of EuroBioForum 1st Annual Conference 2012
Around 60 participants from 14 countries attended the 1st Annual Conference on the role of national funders, bioclusters and regions in Personalised Medicine, held in Brussels on 18 April 2012.
To read more on EuroBioForum activities, please visit: www.eurobioforum.eu